Grandma Travels: Trip To San Diego What We Learned In The Car
Grandma Travels: Trip To San Diego
What We Learned In The Car
Traveling in the car with your family can be quite a trip (see what I did there, I made a pun funny) And of course our trip to San Diego was just as trippy as the next car load of weary, hot travelers. Some even get stuck in the dirty bathroom in hell and have a breakdown. But, if you pay attention kids, you can even learn stuff! Sort of like watching Sesame Street but totally not, here’s what we learned in the car on our trip to San Diego:
Grandma Juice Learned This On The Trip To San Diego:
- You can never drink too much Starbucks
- U2 & Van Halen are now considered *Classic Rock* (this is BULLSHIT)
- If you drink too much Starbucks, you’ll have to stop and pee in the bathroom in hell (and have a nervous breakdown)
- The ‘Check Point’ you have to go through once crossing the CA border causes a huge traffic jam. Although, they never stop any cars to actually ‘check’ for anything
- When you sit in a traffic jam for 2 hours and only move 20 miles, you can get quite cranky. Yelling at other drivers stuck in the same traffic jam does nothing to help the situation.
- However, if you keep reminding yourself you are taking a trip to San Diego and staying at a beautiful resort with cabana boys who bring you alcoholic drinks with umbrellas and towels, it can seem a wee bit better.
- You can never drink enough Starbucks
Ethan Learned This On The Trip To San Diego:
- To be a Fire Wizard you need a red mask, red gloves, red pants and a red shirt (?????)
- The passing trains will not stop if you yell “Mr. Conductor, wait! I have a ticket”
- No matter how many times you ask “Are we there yet” the answer will always be NO. Until we are there, of course.
- Drinking apple juice on a long car ride to San Diego has the same effects as smoking a crack pipe.
- And, honestly… we tuned him out after awhile. So, I’m unable to add more. His
crack pipeapple juice blabber was just too much.
Grandpa Juice Learned This On The Trip To San Diego:
- California drivers randomly and for no reason slam on their breaks. Even on the freeway. This makes him cranky.
- The designated driver should remember ear plugs while driving on their trip to San Diego. This way, it won’t seem like my family is driving me crazy.
Come back tomorrow and see our very lux digs at The Sheraton Resort and Marina! Pulling in to their parking lot totally made this craptastic drive for our trip to San Diego worth it. And, we learned stuff. Like Sesame Street. But not.